Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall is Upon Us!

Apparently, I'm really good at writing a monthly blog post.  Every time I sit down to write one I realize that it has almost been a month to the day that I wrote my last one.  Can you believe it's October???  Each week seems to get shorter.  Enough with the pleasantries.  I don't really have a story or something funny to tell you so I thought I'd just give you an update on our lives.  

I am in the midst of an eight week fitness challenge with the group that I mentioned before.  There are 84 or so ladies participating in the challenge, we are broken up into 5 color coded teams.  The blue team is the best one to be on, so naturally I'm on the blue team (it just so happens that its the best team to be on because I'm on it).  At the beginning we set fitness, diet, and personal goals and had a testing day where we measured various activities such as running the mile, holding plank, doing push-ups, etc... We are coming to the end of week three which means that midpoint testing is almost here.  I assumed I would be hungry and miserable for eight weeks, which isn't very different from my usual demeanor of not-hungry and miserable, but I'm not.  I feel great!  I have set some great goals that I'm motivated to meet and am making progress on them.  I have also met a great group of ladies that help me troubleshoot when I'm feeling hungry, grouchy, or tired.  They encourage me and commiserate with me.  That being said, I would love to sink my teeth into a juicy cheeseburger RIGHT NOW.

Clayton is coming up on a huge deadline at work and so, unfortunately, we haven't had a ton of time together.  I did go to the mall to buy him some chinos and comfort shoes, which means he is 31 going on 60.

Ella is really enjoying school. She is also very popular.  I'd like to think this has to do with her amazing personality and slightly above average intellect, but I'm pretty sure it's because her name is the easiest to say. There is one little boy in particular that has taken a liking to her.  Yesterday, his mom told me that he talks about Ella all the time and when she asked the teacher about it the teacher said "Oh, yes.  He brings her stuff all day long and if she falls he runs over to help her up."  He also refuses to leave school until I'm there to pick up Ella and he's right to not trust those other fellas in his class, she's one cute little lady.  Here is a picture of Ella and friends at school:


So, that's it in a nut shell.  We have friends visiting soon and are heading to Ft. Worth in a couple of weeks for my cousin's wedding. I couldn't be more excited! Hopefully, I have some fun stuff to tell you all next month.


3 comments:

  1. So proud of you for your awesome discipline. You are an inspiration.

    Ella has a very popular personality. I am not surprised one bit.

    Also, the friends that are visiting soon sound really attractive and funny. I bet you will have the BEST TIME with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne! Can't wait until you guys get here! I need some un-Texan Texans in my life (BTW, I've deemed you an honorary Texan).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THIS, is pretty much the best thing I've heard all week. I'm grinning from ear to ear. Oh Texas, how I love thee. And, now I have REAL Texan saying that I'm a Texan.

    ReplyDelete